Thursday 19 April 2007

Baselworld


Baselworld, the international jewlery and watch show is coming to an end today. From what I've heard, it was pretty impressive. For my part I was kind of reluctant to spend 45CHF entry fee to check out stuff I cannot afford (yet...).

The main afterparty spot was the area around the Acqua, remodelled as "Baselworld Village". I finally made it there yesterday evening, which was also the last chance as it was the last day. I can only say that Simon Lutz really has it. After pulling of Acqua and Baracca Zermatt, this is taking it to the next level. Regarding Basel nightlife I would say they're well ahead 2 or 3 years compared to the other locations in terms of concept and execution.



The village was using the whole area around Kuppel and Acqua, with lot's of possibilities to chill and very nice details like flowers, a huge fireplace etc. Some impressions below.

But the best part was the VIP lounge, where luckily the colleague of mine I went with had an entry card. This meant beer for free the whole evening and a stunning live performance of a very nice brasilian singer. Way to go...- looking forward to next year.


Check out the gallery for more pics of the village.

No comments: