Tuesday 6 February 2007

starting thoughts

A mission statement to start with isn't a bad idea I guess. so some questions and answers for myself and anyone who's interested:

Q: Your native language is german, why the *** is this blog in english?
A: I figure everyone I know and who reads this kind of speaks english, but lots of people around the world I know don't speak german.

Q: you already had TWO blogs, why didn't you continue those?
A: well, I started of with tom_vancouver . but obviously I dont live in Vancouver anymore, so I came up with the weitblick blog . then I got lazy posting. also myblog.de wasn't that reliable, actually almost all my Vancouver postings got lost because the sever crashed . so when I decided to start a new blog I found google / blogger to be the more reliable choice.

Q: "fernsicht" ?
A: the translation to english is something like: clear views. a perfect day on the mountain, sunshine and a view to the end of the horizon. that's the spirit of the blog.

Q: so you only write about mountains?
A: probably a lot. but not exclusively, there's other interesting stuff in (my) life, you know ..

Q: I want to be your target audience, what do I look like?
A: I guess you got to know me at some point in life and someplace on this planet and know your still interested what I'm up to or what web-pages and stuff I find to be funky.

No comments: