Sunday 20 May 2007

Roomsearch part IV (relaxed!)

Sometimes I am reminded that you can do the exactly same thing in different ways: creatively or letting yourself be pushed around.

I already felt slightly stressed when only thinking about finding an appartment in Zurich, so I decided I had to find an approach that would add some positive vibes to it. So I put together the list of all appartments with inspection dates next week and packed my bike in the back of my car.

And indeed, compared to the hectic of driving around in Zurich with a car, pedaling along with a bike is pure pleasure. You don't have to follow insanely constructed one-way streets that lead you anywhere but not where you want, nobody honks at you because you're looking for an adress, no problems with parking in front of the houses ...

Anyway, my first house - the only where a inspection was due yesterday - was in a side street of Langestrasse. First I was deligthed: quite, wooden floor, right in the centre. Then some minus points appeared: only two rooms, kitchen very old, no dishwasher, direct neighbourhood with around 3 sexshops ... - but in summary it'S a lively quarter with "normal" restaurants around, not dodgy.

So I'm really thinking about applying, it's only 5 min per tram from where I work. Also the real estate agent managed to work out a semi-smile when I mentioned that I work for a bank and do not plan to establish a community living in the apt, so my chance among the 30 applicants might be pretty good.

Now for the nice part: cycling around I found a really cool neighbourhood restaurant "Bei Babette" in Bertastr., on the right hand side shortly after coming off Badenerstr.


They have really good custom-beer and it's just a very nice place to waste your saturday afternoon reading, chatting or just thinking about the world in general...

No comments: