Monday 14 May 2007

room in zurich

Finding an appartment in Zurich is quite a task I guess. At least that's the impression I got after one day of scrambling through different homepages, mailingslists and writing various mails to friends and business contacts.

My favorite is 3 Minutes by foot from my working place, right in the city centre, still with a quite reasonable price for Zurich standards. The inspection date is next week on Wednesday. As the lady on the phone already told me that there will be quite a crowd around I figure it will be more an inspection of aspirants than of the flat itself. Maybe I should bring along some roses and champagne to cheer up the broker? We'll see.

Anyways, if anybody has ideas or even some place to rent out in Zurich I'll be more than happy to be contacted via a comment below this post. Basically I am looking for 2-3 rooms, close to Paradplatz, which in my terms means not further away than 15min with public transport.

But now for my real-favorite housing object on Zurich lake:


only three minor problems with this appartment
- it's not in Zurich but in Meilen
- it's already taken
- it would probably cost me the equivalent of 15 years of future wage, if everything goes smoothly, that is.

No comments: